Monday, July 2, 2012

Something New

Summers are typically the time of year that I escape, and head to camp. I have spent the past 5 summers at camp, and to not be there right now is weird. While camp does, and always will hold a special place in my heart, I was really excited to just spend a few weeks there and then come back and relax until school started again.

As my time at camp ended, that excitement started to fade, and I became more hesitant about removing myself from the camp ministry for the time being, and plugging into a much more low-key summer. I was anxious because I knew the amount of down time my introverted self would have. (There are only so many Pinterest DIY projects I can fill my walls with.) I was also excited/nervous about nannying two boys I had never met.

After my roller-coaster of a year, I knew when I decided to stay in Arkansas for another year that the immense peace I felt in my heart was provided by the Lord. I knew when He provided opportunities for me to have a little part-time job (so I don't go stir-crazy) that the Lord was using that to affirm that I am right where I am supposed to be, and my needs are of first importance to Him, and His provision comes at just the right time.

Even after being gone for only a month, when I came back a week ago I was welcomed with so much LOVE. I have developed really wonderful friendships, and the Lord used that to remind me, again, that I am in the midst of something beautiful that He has me here for.

My prayer, as I continue to embark on this type of summer that has become so unfamiliar to me is that I would meditate over these Scriptures, and that these words would dwell in me deeply as I walk through each day the Lord has made.

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:12-17 ESV)

I am SO excited to have even more time to be intentional with the friendships that mean so much to me AND work on the stack of books that I keep neglecting on my book shelf.

 Love you all!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment